NppSnippets plug-in for Notepad++
NppSnippets is a plug-in for Notepad++. It adds the possibility to add code snippets to the current document by simply selecting it from a list.
To download version 1.3.0, click here.
How to install
NppSnippets.dll to the
plugins directory, copy
NppSnippets.sqlite to the
plugins/Config directory in your AppData directory and restart Notepad++.
How to use
To open the Snippets window, click on the "Jigsaw" button on the toolbar, or via the menu "Plugins" ➡ "Snippets" ➡ "Snippets".
The window consist of two parts. A combo where you can select the library and underneath there is the list of snippets in the chosen library. To insert a snippet simply double click on the item in the list and the snippet is inserted at the current cursor position.
When you switch to another document with another language the snippets for that new language are read from the database.
To add or edit a snippet, right-click the snippet in the list and edit. To add or edit a library right-click the combo-box where you select the current library.
For more more information see the on-line documentation.
This plugin is released under the GPL2-license. The source code can be found at GitHub.
Version 1.3.0 (June 2013)
- Fixed problem with inserting UTF snippets (issue #3).
- Fixed wrong title of Import Library dialog.
- Fixed some potential bugs found when trying to fix GCC compilation.
- Converted the documentation from ODT to DocBook. Because of that an on-line version of the documentation is available as well.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 18.104.22.168
For the complete release history, including the upcoming changes, see the on-line documentation.