NppSnippets plug-in for Notepad++
NppSnippets is a plug-in for Notepad++. It adds the possibility to add code snippets to the current document by simply selecting it from a list.
To download version 1.3.0, click here.
How to install
NppSnippets.dll to the
plugins directory, copy
NppSnippets.sqlite to the
plugins/Config directory in your AppData directory and restart Notepad++.
How to use
To open the Snippets window, click on the "Jigsaw" button on the toolbar, or via the menu "Plugins" ➡ "Snippets" ➡ "Snippets".
The window consist of two parts. A combo where you can select the library and underneath there is the list of snippets in the chosen library. To insert a snippet simply double click on the item in the list and the snippet is inserted at the current cursor position.
When you switch to another document with another language the snippets for that new language are read from the database.
To add or edit a snippet, right-click the snippet in the list and edit. To add or edit a library right-click the combo-box where you select the current library.
For more documentation see the ReadMe.pdf that is included in the original archive.
This plugin is released under the GPL2-license. The source code can be found at GitHub.
Version 1.3.0 (June 2013, never officially release)
- Fixed problem with inserting UTF snippets (issue #3).
- Fixed wrong title of Import Library dialog.
- Fixed some potential bugs found when trying to fix GCC compilation.
- Converted the documentation from ODT to DocBook. Because of that an on-line version of the documentation is available as well.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 188.8.131.52
Version 1.2.0 (8 January 2013)
- There was an inconsistency between the documentation and code about the name of the option to specify your custom path for the database. Use DBFile from now on. For backwards compatibility the DBPath entry will still be recognized.
- When a snippets creates a new document and the current document is empty, it reuses the current one and does not start a new.
- Added Duplicate snippet function to context menu.
- New (simple) templates library.
- Upgrade to SQLite version 184.108.40.206
For the complete release history see the ReadMe.pdf that is included in the original archive.